Yoga is well known as a form of exercise that can calm the mind and body and decrease one’s overall stress levels. Music can provide the same benefits as it can “soothe the human soul”. By combining the soothing effects of music with the breathing and flow of many yoga postures you can take your yoga practice to the next level!
Alexa Kelly, Moksha hot yoga and Aerial yoga instructor in Calgary (Alberta, Canada), utilizes the power of music in her classes and her own personal yoga practice. Unlike the “adrenalin-pumping” music typically heard throughout most fitness clubs, yoga music tends to be slower and instrumental. Below is Alexa’s own “Zen Grooves” yoga music playlist for a sixty-minute practice:
- Elegy (4:23) – Tycho, Dive, 120 beats/min
- Erd-Erwachen (8:35) – Ur-Ton, Trance – Und Planetenrhythmen 3 – Spirit of Time, 108 beats/min
- Intention (2:25) – EarthRise Soundsystem, The Yoga Sessions, 120 beats/min
- Melanine (2:53) – Tycho, Dive, 146 beats/min
- Misty Mountain (8:46) – Desert Dwellers, DownTemple Dub: Waves, 90 beats/min
- Om Kumara Mantra (10:27) – Deva Premal, A Deeper Light (with Manose), 130 beats/min
- Shanti (Peace Out) (6:58) – MC Yogi, Elephant Power, 67 beats/min
- Starve the Ego, Feed the Soul (5:46) – The Glitch Mob, Drink the Sea, 80 beats/min
- Subterranean Sanctuary (7:48) – Desert Dwellers, DownTemple Dub: Waves, 120 beats/min
- Subtle Breath (6:06) – Desert Dwellers, Muladhara Yoga Dub, 65 beats/min
TodaysFitnessTrainer.com is dedicated to creating tools and resources to keep you motivated and working towards your fitness goals. Stay tuned for more workout music playlists (for any recommendations on songs to include in other workout music playlists be sure to contact us)!