FITNESS TIP OF THE DAY:
Don’t waste your time by going through the motions. Train with intensity, commitment to the work, and a hunger to succeed!
It doesn’t matter if you are new to the fitness scene or have been a permanent fixture at your local gym for years, all people (at some point or another) end up “going through the motions” during their workout. They are doing the exercises, but don’t get the most out of their workout because they aren’t:
- Working at an intensity that will challenge the body and produce results (i.e., more weight, more speed, more time)
- Coordinating the contraction of all muscles involved in the exercises
- Working outside of their “comfort zone”
It’s human nature to do whatever we can to protect our bodies. Without thinking about it, we avoid any activity that causes pain and discomfort (for obvious reasons) and do whatever we can to save energy (so our muscles avoid doing unnecessary work). This doesn’t help at all if you have a fitness goal and are looking to get results. In fact, this is the reason why many people who eat a healthy diet and exercise regularly may not see the results they are looking for.
What it takes to get the MOST out of your workout goes beyond cardio machines, dumbbells, and fitness equipment. You need to find ways to:
- Increase your workout intensity
- Maintain this intensity during the entire workout
- Get the most out of each repetition, set, or complete cardio workout
You can’t buy a magic pill or elixir to make this happen. You need to find the strength within YOU to get the job done!
It’s a known fact that if you don’t do the work, you won’t get the results. It’s up to you to find ways to unleash the BEAST within and approach each workout with intensity, commitment to the work, and a hunger for success!