FITNESS TIP OF THE DAY:
Schedule your workouts in advance to avoid getting off track.
Life happens … and when life happens (i.e. responsibilities, emergencies, family obligations, etc.) our workouts tend to suffer the consequences.
There are 24 hours in a single day. We spend:
- Approx. 8 hours in bed (if we get a good night’s sleep).
- Approx. 8 hours at work and/or school.
- Approx. 2 hours commuting to and from various destinations.
That leaves a total of 6 hours left in the day for the following:
- Eating and preparing meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Personal errands (i.e. groceries, doctor’s appointment, etc.)
- Entertainment and recreation
- Special events and parties
- Fitness and exercise
Luckily, most of us have access to a calendar (printed, Smartphone or online). Although most of us go to the gym “on the fly” (when we find spare time in our schedule), establishing a weekly workout plan is more effective in the long run. As creatures of habit, scheduling workouts on the same day and times can be effective in making exercise a regular part of your week.
If we are looking to achieve results from our efforts at the gym, consistency is essential! Regularly scheduled workouts help us to become more consistent with our exercise and activity to ensure we see the results we are expecting over time.
It only takes a few minutes each day to plan your schedule. It’s easy to document the activities you have planned, organize your travel schedule and get prepared for each activity. This way you can ensure that your workouts don’t interfere with other priorities and that they fit into your regular schedule!