Personal Trainer “Burnout”
Personal trainers have an important role when it comes to helping and motivating others to make their lives better … but what isn’t talked about is how “lonely” it can be or how “stressful” it is taking on the responsibilities of a personal training career. Because personal trainers take on a lot trying to build their business and support their clients it’s not uncommon for them to experience “burnout” … even the ones who are building a successful and well-established business.
In this week’s episode Pharoah Kafele (www.puravidaclub.com) and Andrea Oh (www.todaysfitnesstrainer.com) discuss their own personal experiences with personal trainer “burnout” at various times in their respective careers. Topics discussed today include:
- The “feel good” reasons most personal trainers choose this career and the harsh realization of the blood, sweat, tears and heartaches that are typically the reality for most first time trainers.
- This even happens to AMAZING and incredibly SUCCESSFUL personal trainers in the industry.
- How to cope with this challenge (when it occurs) and how to come out with even more passion for the industry than when you started.
- Thinking about the long term goal versus the short term discomforts … knowing it’s worth it.
- The importance of finding someone to discuss this with … before it’s too late.
To meet the cast of the Fitness Insight podcast, click here.
The Fitness Insight podcast is available on iTunes and can be accessed here.